Gigabyte MB SATA BIO Configuration ?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Fritzables, Jul 5, 2007.

  1. Fritzables

    Fritzables Guest

    Have just made up a new PC using the GA-P35-DS3 board.

    This is the first Intel kit I have made up since leaving for AMD many
    years back but now back into INTEL again - thanks to the Duo's.

    This is also the first kit I have made up using SATA, and see that
    GigaByte have their own SATA controller and associated with the purple
    sockets on the board.

    I have connected both my SATA HDDs to these purple sockets (GSATA0 &
    GSATA1) thinking it would be the best option over the standard Intel
    controller.

    Ok.... doing that, will I have to make any changes in the BIOS to
    activate the GB controller or does all this happen automatically. For
    example, do I need to do anything with the 'SATA AHCI Mode' setting in
    the BIOS ?

    Cheers

    Fritzables

    Fritzables, Jul 5, 2007

  2. Actually, the Intel SATA controller is the best choice UNLESS you plan
    to implement RAID.

    The Gigabyte part is actually a JMicron part and is used in a LOT of
    other motherboards including the Asusp P5B and P5B-E, which is
    functionally almost identical to the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3

    Barry Watzman, Jul 6, 2007

  3. Fritzables

    Fritzables Guest

    Thanks Barry..... that's all I needed to know.

    Fritzables.

    Fritzables, Jul 6, 2007