Gigabyte SINXP1394 won't boot anymore!

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Glzmo, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Glzmo

    Glzmo Guest

    Today during operation my computer with a Gigabyte SINXP1394 mainboard
    suddenly crashed as the screen went blank. After I powered down and powered
    back up again, it wouldn't boot anymore. I have not altered BIOS, soft- or
    hardware in any way, it just stopped working all of a sudden.
    Now I don't get any error beeps, not even the normal 'all clear beep' that I
    usually got when starting the computer, so I don't know what could be wrong.
    On bootup, all fans are spinning, and both the Power and HDD LED are
    constantly lit. There is no video signal. The LED on the mainboard is lit as
    well.
    I also cleared the CMOS by removing all power and the CMOS battery for a few
    minutes, but it wouldn't help.
    The video card, RAM, HDD and CPU do not seem to be faulty, as they work fine
    in my other system. I tried another power supply too, to no avail. Why don't
    I get any beepcodes? Is the mainboard dead? If so, why are the
    CPU/Northbridge fans still spinning and the LEDs lit? What does it mean if
    both the HDD and Power LEDs are constantly lit on this mainboard?
    Please help me!

    Thanks in advance,

    Glzmo

    Glzmo, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Glzmo

    Blah Guest

    I have a similar problem on a GA7-n400 type board. It starts to boot, but
    rather than the normal start beep, I hear "click" coming from the speaker
    then nothing.

    Pulled the cpu and plugged it back in, now I immediately get "booo deee boo
    dee" then the system shuts down.

    sometimes it goes to the click.

    Blah, Feb 13, 2004