GigaRAID PATA IT8212 - doesn't find drive GA-8I945P Pro

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Kev, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Kev

    Kev Guest

    Hi All

    Can anyone help me with this problem?

    I have the MB board installed and am able to configure the BIOS.

    I have a DVD drive connected as a slave to the RED PATA IDE channel 1
    connector that works fine.

    If I connect a Hard drive as Master to the RED PATA IDE connector it
    works fine (it is discovered and it boots).

    However, if I connect the same hard drive, configured in the same way
    to either of the GREEN PATA connectors then the hard drive is not
    found.

    I have tried numerous combinations of the Integrated Peripherals BIOS
    setup options including turning the SATA off, the GigaRaid off, the
    first PATA connector off, selecting RAID, non RAID modes etc, but none
    of these allow the BIOS to find or boot from a hard drive connected to
    either Green PATA connector.

    The current relevant options, and my best guess for disabling all RAID
    and disabling the SATA ports is:

    Onchip Primary PCI IDE : Enabled (The Red one)
    SATA RAID/ AHCI Mode: Disabled
    OnChip SATA mode: Disabled
    Onboard H/W GigaRAID: Enabled
    GigaRAID Function: ATA

    Once I have this problem solved I wish to use 3 PATA drives, one DVD
    PATA drive and no SATA drives.

    I have read both the Motherboard and the GigaRAID manuals but have not
    been able to solved the problem.

    I believe I should see a "Press Ctrl-G to enter GigaRAID Setup" in the
    BIOS post, but I do not see this message.

    Please help!

    Motherboard GA-8I945P Pro, M/B Rev : 1.0, BIOS Ver : F10
    CPU: Intel D 805
    Memory: 2Gb DDR2 OCZ
    Power Supply : 400 W
    HD: IBM Deskstar

    Thanks
    Kevin

    Kev, Apr 10, 2006

  2. Kev

    Skutr Guest

    I have a like problem - but not at first. PATA drives connected to IDE2 or
    IDE3 would seem to work OK but every now and then the system would "loose"
    them. Multiple reboots and eventually the drives would reappear. My MBO is
    on its way back to Gigabyte as a warranty claim - I suspect a failed or
    failing Gigaraid controller. You should contact your supplier like NOW!

    Skutr

    Skutr, May 10, 2006

  3. Kev

    Proteus