    three of them are together they won't work at 200 MHz. but they were all
    rated 3200. I tried to raise the Vdimm all the way up to 2.9 (Utility
    reported 2.99 v) with no luck. Any body have any clue as what is going on.

    Paul, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Paul

    ICee Guest

    You are limited to a lower memory buss when you have three sticks of
    memory; officially, 166 MHz. Check the spec here:
    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/techspec.php?categories=1&model=6

    ICee, Aug 5, 2004

  3. Paul

    David Besack Guest

    You are limited to a lower memory buss when you have three sticks of
    Does it matter which slots the 2 DIMMs are in, if you only have 2?

    I get the same problem... one stick of PC3200 RAM in any slot, fine.
    2 sticks in slots 1,2, fine.
    2 sticks in slots 1,3 or 2,3 NOT fine.

    So I'm stuck not using dual channel mode because I get crashes if I do.

    David Besack, Aug 5, 2004
  4. Paul

    ICee Guest

    1&3, or 2&3 is dual channel mode.
    Try increasing Vdimm and/or chipset voltage.

    ICee, Aug 5, 2004
  5. Paul

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Did flight simulator ever work with 3 sticks?

    Did you ever run prim95 and memtest with 3 sticks before the problem?

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~hal-9000/

    - HAL9000, Aug 5, 2004
  6. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Last night I manually set the timing at 2.5, 3, 3, 11. And was able to run
    torture test for 20 minutes without problem, and was able to play the flight
    simulator game for 20 minutes without crash. Gonna to test it longer tonite.
    I set the memory timing at " Aggressive" before, and the system give me
    3,3,3,8. Tried to set it at " turbo" once but won't boot into windows. So
    far seems this trick worked.

    Paul, Aug 5, 2004