GNOME install

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by mars, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. mars

    mars Guest

    Hoping someone can assist me with this issue.
    I have been trying to install GNOME 2.0 on my SUN Blade 100 with Solaris 9
    OS.
    The issues that I am facing is, once I've done the following:
    To enable AccessX functionality on systems :-

    1.. Log in as root, then open a terminal window.

    2.. Check that the file /etc/dt/config/Xservers does not exist, then run
    the following commands:

    1.. mkdir -p /etc/dt/config

    2.. cp /usr/dt/config/Xservers /etc/dt/config/Xservers

    3.. Open the file /etc/dt/config/Xservers.

    4.. Add the following string to the end of the Xsun command line in the
    Xservers file: +kb

    5.. Exit and save the Xservers file.

    6.. Run the following command: pkill -HUP dtlogin

    7.. Log out of the desktop, then log back in. (THE ISSUE THAT I FACE IS
    WHEN TRYING TO LOGIN VIA CDE THE KEYS ON THE KEYBOARD ARE MAPPED
    INCORRECTLY, HOW CAN I GET PASSED THIS.)

    8.. To verify that you have successfully enabled AccessX, run the
    following command and look for XKEYBOARD in the extensions list: xdpyinfo (I
    CANNOT VERIFY THIS DUE TO ME NOT BEING ABLE TO LOGIN VIA CDE. IF DONE
    THROUGH THE COMMAND LINE I STILL CANNOT VERIFY)

    i edit the file like this:

    :0 Local [email protected] root /usr/openwin/...:0 -nobanner +kb

    is this correct?

    mars, Jul 3, 2003