    Cygwin for PowerPC target? What's usual practice? Do I need to download
    source and compile it myself? Or is such compiler standard part of
    binary free distribution? Thanks.

    martinfnp, Oct 11, 2006

  2. martinfnp

    larwe Guest

    <http://www.macraigor.com/full_gnu.htm> is one full distribution. But
    as a rule I build it myself.

    larwe, Oct 11, 2006

  3. I highly recommend the Microcross Visual X-Tools. It is a complete GNU/GCC
    implementation with IDE and GDB implementation. Not free, but it could be a
    lot easier than putting together your own.

    Scott

    DISCLAIMER: In all fairness I must say that we are a Microcross partner.

    Not Really Me, Oct 11, 2006
  4. martinfnp

    Tauno Voipio Guest

    If you have a non-Intel Mac with OSX, it's available
    with the operating system.

    For Cygwin I compiled my own tools (though Linux is
    a better platform for the GNU tools).

    Tauno Voipio, Oct 11, 2006