    - Is there a workaround to this ??

    Thx and rgrds

    Marc

    Marc, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Marc

    Janvi Guest

    there are diffrent possibilities on how the loader interprets
    the linker address in banked mode. Some start from 0 up (old
    datasheets) and some from 3f down with the bank number. However
    both is working becouse the chips mirror all the memory in
    unused physical space. Another thing is the bank address to
    be 20 or 22 bit. That depends from, if the common space is
    mirrored again and again on each bank in linear long addresses.
    The 20 bit attempt has easy wrap around with the address from
    bank to bank, while the 22 bit attempt covers the complete
    possible 4 MB space (what is only possible with external
    memory becouse internal common ranges occupy too much)
    If you use wrong address length, this will make a offset for
    each bank in size of the common ranges.

    Try to understand, I am shure you can setup each linker to
    output the correct address what fits to your loader. Noral
    emulators have extra features. If unsure, try the Cosmic HC12
    demo. They have plenty of auxiliary tools to convert s-record
    between diffrent addresses after linking, but the same can
    be done with proper link instructions.

    Janvi, Feb 11, 2004