    install?

    Thanks for any help.

    Dave.

    Dave, Oct 15, 2003

  2. I personally went back to 3.7 by simply installing them over the 3.8. I got
    asked various times that there's a newer version of this file on my system
    and whether I wanted to keep it, and I just kept saying 'No'. The
    re-installation of the 3.7's worked fine for me this way.

    Achim

    Joachim Trensz, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Dave

    Frank Weston Guest

    I just installed 3.7 over 3.8 and everything seems to be working OK. 3.8
    definitely has some problems.

    Frank Weston, Oct 15, 2003
  4. Dave

    JAD Guest

    in add/remove there is a 'remove all ATI software' listing now (with the 3.8's)

    JAD, Oct 15, 2003
  5. Dave

    RobB Guest

    I am using the 3.8's, in Add/Remove I have a listing for the ATI Control
    Panel and ATI Display Driver. Is there suppose to be another one called
    'remove all ATI software'?

    RobB, Oct 15, 2003
  6. Dave

    JAD Guest

    lol,,,ya see how every damn install seems to be a different experience for everyone.....yep at least on three different peoples
    machine here, as that's how many responded(possibly as these are the few that haven't KF'd me ;^) ,when I posted the discovery
    earlier

    JAD, Oct 15, 2003
  7. I reverted back to 3.7 yesterday, so I could actually play BF1942
    without problems. I simply did an uninstall of the ATI display
    drivers from the add/remove app and reinstalled the 3.7 Cats,
    everything worked fine.

    Indestructible, Oct 16, 2003
  8. Dave

    RobB Guest

    I installed my 9800 Pro a couple of days ago along with the 3.8
    drivers/control panel and all my games/benchmark demos including BF 1942 are
    working fine. The only demo were I got a hard lock is CoD and turning off
    EAX solved that for some reason. Anyways, all this talk of monitor
    failures/core heat issues is making me nervous and I'm considering
    installing the 3.7 drivers. Question is, can I kept the 3.8 Control Panel,
    or do I have to remove it along with the 3.8 drivers?

    RobB, Oct 16, 2003
  9. Dave

    JAD Guest

    if you have/use the 'remove all ati software' option you will be prompted if you want to keep modify remove...for each section of
    the driver and software. (maybe this option was added with MMC and not the driver alone) as some say they dont have it.

    JAD, Oct 16, 2003