Good Mother board companies, and good but economical motherboards

Discussion in 'MSI' started by pc.expertise, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. Whats TYAN's 1-800 tech support number so that I can see how they deal
    with customers.

    windows.lovers, Nov 4, 2007

  2. Hey Same Guy,
    what is Tylan's 800 or other number for tech support so I can test
    your claim.

    Same Guy
    Fri, 02 Nov 2007 22:37:50 -0700: written by larry moe 'n curly
    <>: >I don't know about warranty claims, but
    I've gotten the best mobo tech >support from Intel, DFI, and
    Supermicro, especially the latter. >How good is Tyan? TYAN is my MB of
    choice. I have 3 boards running in different computers right now with
    two of them about 8 years old and still running strong. I tried an
    ASUS P4S800D-E Deluxe once and found 3 issues with it after I started
    to tap into its full capabilities. - 1 of the RAM slots would see but
    not access a stick of Micron RAM in placed in there and I did
    extensive tests swapping sticks and changing settings to see if it was
    something other than defective. - One of the onboard USB 2.0 ports
    failed. - The LAN port would randomly lose its connection and this
    would occur more frequently as the board aged (1 year) . I tried
    using different cables and found that I had no issues after installing
    a dedicated NIC card. After this experience I went back to TYAN
    (Tomcat K8E-SLI S2866) and it just feels more solid to me. I'll be
    using the ASUS for a HTPC where I won't need to max it out. Regarding
    TYAN tech support, I found one issue with the Tomcat K8E-SLI S2866 and
    tech support was reachable and very responsive to email. That issue
    turned out to be a cheapo mouse I had and not the board itself.
    Personally, I plan on sticking w/TYAN for all my future boards.
    More options Nov 3, 9:00 am
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.hardware, alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus, alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar
    From: Same Guy <>
    Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 09:00:28 -0800
    Subject: Re: Good Mother board companies, and good but economical
    motherboards
    Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
    original | Report this message | Find messages by this author

    Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived.
    This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Nov 10, 9:00 am).

    windows.lovers, Nov 4, 2007

  3. pc.expertise

    caver1 Guest

    What are ones thoughts on Abit boards?
    Been using them myself for quite along time with
    no problems.
    Haven't built a system in awhile and am wondering
    if they are keeping up?
    caver1

    caver1, Nov 4, 2007
  4. pc.expertise

    Same Guy Guest

    Sun, 04 Nov 2007 00:42:11 -0000: written by :
    http://www.tyan.com/contact.aspx

    510.440.8808

    They do not have a 1-800 number.

    Same Guy, Nov 4, 2007
  5. pc.expertise

    kony Guest

    Maybe you should try to find it yourself, since there's not
    much point in knowing how their customer support is, if you
    later needed it but couldn't figure out how to get in touch
    with them.... just an ironic thought....

    kony, Nov 4, 2007
  6. pc.expertise

    caver1 Guest

    I was wondering what problem he was going to give
    them?
    caver1

    caver1, Nov 4, 2007
  7. I forgot that Tomcats were Tyans. Every Tomcat mobo owner I've known
    has liked theirs a lot.

    larry moe 'n curly, Nov 5, 2007
  8. pc.expertise

    Same Guy Guest

    I was tempted to post such a statement, but was unable to do so in a
    semi-polite manner. Thanks for addressing this point.

    Same Guy, Nov 5, 2007