    that's Mac-compatible?

    (I'm in the USA.)

    Thanks.

    Bob E., Apr 15, 2012

  2. If you are interested in live TV, you may want to google for Slingbox and UK.

    There is a company that I found googling for a friend that will rent you
    a slingbox. You just pay them and then use the slingbox app to watch tv
    in realtime.

    It was of no interest to me, and there were other ways for him to get
    what he wanted, so we never persued it.

    Geoff.

    Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Apr 15, 2012

  3. Bob E.

    Warren Oates Guest

    https://www.witopia.net/

    I'm assuming you want the iPlayer and its ITV counterpart. This works
    fine for me from my country, using SSL or L2TP. Take the full package.

    The most aggressive geo-blocking is done by Hulu, and Witopia gets
    around that, too (although, that's not a problem for you in the USA).
    Shh. don't tell anyone.

    Warren Oates, Apr 15, 2012
  4. Bob E.

    Calum Guest

    And FWIW, I've had no significant issues with the VPN package offered by
    <http://www.my-expat-network.co.uk/>.

    Calum, Apr 16, 2012
  5. I did some looking around last night and found a site calle hidemyass.com.

    They let you pay by the month via PayPal and give you the option of automatic
    charges or not.

    So I signed up for one month without renewal.

    I am running Leopard, and don't want to install anything, so I used their
    PPTP option.

    You open the network control panel and add a new VPN with PPTP. In 5
    minutes I was watching the BBC.

    The PPTP option requires you to choose a server to use (their software
    finds one for you), so I set up connections to the US and the UK.

    I was also able to watch videos from Hulu using the US server.

    Geoff.

    Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Apr 16, 2012
  6. Bob E.

    simon white Guest

    You can try purevpn that can provide you UK IP. Moreover provides
    customize software for MAC & Windows. You can get an idea of this
    provider package details from here http://www.purevpn.com/order

    simon white, May 9, 2012
  7. Bob E.

    Sabih... Guest

    Yeah, i have also used PureVPN. They have recently launched Split
    tunneling feature in Beta version that is one of the unique and
    outstanding induction by them. Hats off to their support ;)

    Sabih..., May 9, 2012
  8. Had a very bad experience with their support (although one VERY rude agent doesn't necessarily mean that they're all bad).

    Support issues aside, it can't compare with Hidemyass, IMO. I've been using it for 18 months and I'm super happy with it. If you're on a Mac, see review here: http://bestvpnformac.com

    johnbecker789, May 1, 2013