    seem to be … unhappy … with it.

    Thanks,
    Lynn

    Lynn McGuire, Dec 2, 2013

  2. Lynn McGuire

    Bill Guest

    I'm not sure that I would move forwards at the moment. I've been playing
    a lot with old Lenovo X61 and X200 tablets, and comparing them with a
    modern Acer convertible tablet that looks a bit similar to the Asus.

    My Lenovos come with Wacom Pen and 2 have, additionally, single finger
    touch. They only have trackpoints, but for what I've been doing they
    work really well with a fresh install of Windows 8.

    The issue I have with the tablets that disconnect from the keyboard is
    that all the weight is in the screen and they are balanced all wrong.

    If it were me, I'd look out for a pre-owned Lenovo X201 or later. They
    have touchpads as well as the trackpads. Proper laptops, lightweight,
    quite good as tablets, and you can trade battery life against weight by
    choosing different batteries.

    Bill, Dec 8, 2013