Google's Liquid Galaxy is. a wraparound view of 8 LCD screens

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Don McKenzie, Feb 14, 2010.

  1. Don McKenzie

    Don McKenzie Guest

    12-Feb-2010

    Just up and running:
    http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2010/02/demo_google_liquid_galaxy.html

    GOOGLE is moving into the world of 3D.
    The IT giant’s latest project is called Liquid Galaxy and is a chamber
    in which the viewer is surrounded by LCDs displaying synchronised
    imagery from Google’s Street View and Google Earth.

    The technology has been developed by Google software engineer Jason Holt
    as part of Google’s 20 Per Cent Project, where staff are given 20 per
    cent of their work time to develop their own projects.

    An example of the Liquid Galaxy tool has been posted on YouTube and is
    already receiving rave reviews.

    Cheers Don...

    --
    Don McKenzie

    Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
    Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
    No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

    Product Sellout: 15% OFF 4DSystems OLED Displays & modules.
    http://www.dontronics-shop.com/micro-oled.html

    Don McKenzie, Feb 14, 2010

  2. Don McKenzie

    John Nagle Guest

    Completely wrong newsgroup choices there.

    John Nagle, Feb 16, 2010