    The AGP card will be a geForce 6200 256mb 8x.

    THANKS
    GaZ

    Guest, Jan 7, 2006

  2. Guest

    Skipai Otter Guest

    "<[[ P.B.S. ]]>" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Got a Ga-7DXR+ M/Board = Can i use a 8x graphics card on this 4x
    > motherbaord?
    >
    > The AGP card will be a geForce 6200 256mb 8x.
    >
    > THANKS
    > GaZ

    I think so as it's backwards compatible. However, I ain't sure about what
    sort of speed increase you would get over your last card. Taht and whether
    the CPU is good enough as well to play more of the latest games in more
    detail/resolution as well.

    I have the same motherboard at the moment with the xp2400+ 266fsb chip and
    even I find with the 9800pro that some games are beginning to jerk about
    etc.

    But I don't see a problem, the card will just run at a slower speed on the
    4x bus that's all.

    --
    Skipai

    Skipai Otter, Jan 8, 2006