    the newer mb's slow down and work correctly with this card?

    thanks,
    charles....

    ***** charles, Oct 21, 2004

  2. ***** charles

    Rob Stow Guest

    Why not consider the A7N8X-VM ?

    Integrated video that is significantly better
    than your current card - with an AGP slot still
    available for future upgrades.

    Rob Stow, Oct 21, 2004

  3. That card is old and dog-slow (half the speed of the regular GeForce2
    MX!), but there should be no problems. Only AGP 1.0 cards ("2x") such as
    TNT (and some TNT2), Rage 128 and other ancient crap won't work.
    I've not yet seen a board (nor do I think there will ever exist one
    since newer boards have PCI-Express anyway) which will only accept AGP
    3.0 ("8x") cards, they all accept AGP 2.0 cards ("4x") too.

    Roland

    Roland Scheidegger, Oct 21, 2004
  4. ***** charles

    Charlie Guest

    Rob,

    Do you happen to know if it is possible to use both the on-board video
    *and* an AGP card to run dual monitors?
    Charlie Hoffpauir

    Charlie, Oct 21, 2004
  5. ***** charles

    Rob Stow Guest

    No can do. The on-board video is also AGP and
    you can only have one AGP device at a time.
    If a card is detected in the AGP slot, the
    integrated AGP controller is ignored.

    The only video you can use in conjunction with
    the onboard video is either a PCI card or, in
    the case of Asus motherboards, the Asus DVO
    card. The Asus DVO card is something I've heard
    about but never seen. It apparently gives you
    TV-out and the option of second monitor.

    Your best bet, moneywise, is probably to just get
    an AGP or PCI card that supports dual monitors all
    by itself.

    Rob Stow, Oct 21, 2004
  6. ***** charles

    Ken Oaf Guest

    I would suggest that you do not buy a new motherboard if you want to run a slow
    old gfx card. There is no point at all in doing so. Keep saving your money
    until you can afford both a new motherboard and gfx card.

    Ken Oaf, Oct 21, 2004
  7. Not all people use their pc for gaming...

    Roland

    Roland Scheidegger, Oct 22, 2004
  8. ***** charles

    Driekes Guest

    Don't go for the A7N8X-VM/400!! To me different motherboards give same
    errors like random reboots. For me the A7N8X-X works just perfect!

    Driekes, Oct 22, 2004
  9. ***** charles

    Ken Oaf Guest

    There is another use for computers??? ;-)

    Ken Oaf, Oct 22, 2004