    Gareth
    quote of the day
    'nostradamus? -sounds like a rock group to me!'

    The dog from that film you saw, Jan 11, 2004

  2. "The dog from that film you saw" <> wrote in message news:<bts2pi$afiq3$-berlin.de>...
    > I'm due to self build a pc in the next month.
    > games are not an issue - i won't be playing them , so there's little point
    > in getting a cutting edge expensive card.
    > however what i do need is for it to have DVI out, also TV out, plus VIVO -
    > so i can digitise analogue input
    >
    > any reccomendations?

    First of all if you don't play ANY games DO NOT BUY A CARD more than
    a $100 or even one more than $70. This video card hype is stupid.
    Everyone trying to out do the next guy with the BEST card. If you're
    into gaming then buy the best one you can afford. I'm into gaming
    a little but not a lot so I bought a card that was $94 shipped.
    And I'm happy as hell that I didn't spend anymore than that.

    Nick

    Nicolas The Great, Jan 12, 2004

    <> wrote in message
    > > I'm due to self build a pc in the next month.
    > > games are not an issue - i won't be playing them , so there's little

    point
    > > in getting a cutting edge expensive card.
    > > however what i do need is for it to have DVI out, also TV out, plus

    VIVO -
    > > so i can digitise analogue input
    > >
    > > any reccomendations?

    > First of all if you don't play ANY games DO NOT BUY A CARD more than
    > a $100 or even one more than $70. This video card hype is stupid.
    > Everyone trying to out do the next guy with the BEST card. If you're
    > into gaming then buy the best one you can afford. I'm into gaming
    > a little but not a lot so I bought a card that was $94 shipped.
    > And I'm happy as hell that I didn't spend anymore than that.

    erm.... which model was it? :)

    The dog from that film you saw, Jan 12, 2004