graphics driver crashes with ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 9700 Pro and dual Xeon Supermicro motherboard

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Mike Anderson, Aug 28, 2003.

  1. Hi all,

    Has anyone else experienced crashes of the graphics driver Version 7.1 for
    the ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 9700 Pro installed on dual Xeon Pentium 4
    Supermicro motherboard:

    http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/MotherBoards/E7505/X5DAE.htm

    I am using the following graphics driver: posted 7/15/2003, version
    6.14.10.6368, packaging version 7-91-030625a-010027c.

    I have already tried disabling the ATI display drivers fast hardware
    writing, and also reducing the "Hardware acceleration" setting to "None".
    These changes reduce the frequency of the crashes, but does not eliminate
    the crashes.

    Also, this really defeats the purpose of my purchase of the ATI AIW 9700
    Pro, because anti-aliasing of fonts gets disabled when I reduce the
    "Hardware acceleration" to "None".

    Please, if you have any experience with this type of crash, is there
    anything I can to do eliminate these crashes?

    Thanks.

    Mike Anderson, Aug 28, 2003