Graphics Problems

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Nicko, Nov 30, 2006.

  1. Nicko

    Nicko

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2006
    Right.....I'm a relative newbie to the hardware aspect of computing, so bear with me, and sorry if this annoys anyone due to the noobish nature of the post.

    Well, when attempting to play certain games on my computer, the graphics screw up big time. They usually go fuzzy and red making gameplay unbearable. At first I thought it was due to my graphics card, so I bought a new, fairly modern one (at the time), yet the graphics still messed up. I was then told that it may be due to a problem with my motherboard.

    My question is, can anyone tell me if it is actually due to my motherboard, and if so, will I need a new one, or can I fix the problem without replacing anything.

    The hardware spec of my PC is:

    1.04 GHz AMD Athlon processor
    384Mb RAM
    Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X

    Motherboard: (I didn't really know how to find this out, but I ran a test and it came up with this)

    BIOS String info:

    An AMIBIOS ID String Was Detected:

    62-0507-001131-00101111-071595-SiS730S
    - ---- ------ ------
    | | | |
    | | | Chipset/BIOS Info
    | | BIOS Build Date
    | Manufacturer ID
    BIOS ROM Information

    AMIBIOS ROM Size: 256 KB

    BIOS Build Date: Jul 15 1995

    Motherboard Manufacturer Code Detected: 1131 - ELITGROUP

    Please Consults ELITGROUP for support

    AMIBIOS Build Tag: M810LR

    Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Any other info needed.....I can provide.
    Thanks in advance....

    Nicko, Nov 30, 2006