Green Texture Problem, ATI HD 3870

Discussion in 'ATI' started by SePp, Jan 22, 2008.

  1. SePp

    SePp Guest

    Hi all together,

    My System: Ati HD 3870, Intel Dual Core 6850, 2GB RAM, Gibabyte
    Mainboard. (very new one can't remember the name at the moment)

    I bought the HD 2900 first and had green textures in the games and
    videos. Espacially if the things are
    fast moving. In Example the edges getting green! I changed the card
    and now I have the HD 3870 but
    the problem is still there.

    Could it be that my mainboard is broken or the cpu. I don't now a
    mainboard or a CPU are able to do a graphic problem????

    I did already new OS (XP and Vista), BIOS FLASH etc. etc........

    Thanks for help in advance

    Sepp

    SePp, Jan 22, 2008

  2. SePp

    Richard P Guest

    It's unlikely it's your mobo or cpu. Could you list you specs including
    psu and the amps on the 12v line please. I have a 3870 and have't
    noticed any green textures. Have you tried multiple sets of drivers?

    Richard P, Jan 22, 2008

  3. SePp

    Augustus Guest

    Get a few screenshots of examples and upload them to a photosharing site.
    Post the link(s). I helps to see what you are describing. Anyway, two
    different cards, two different OS's, and no way the m/b or CPU will do this.
    Drivers are the #1 suspect. Try some older/newer or Omega versions. Did this
    happen with the 8.1's?

    Augustus, Jan 22, 2008
  4. SePp

    =Charlie Guest

    Sepp,

    Maybe it has something to do with the refresh rate on your monitor.
    I would play with CCC/Display Options and try forcing 3d Refresh rate
    to Desktop or the fastest rate your monitor can display.

    Good luck,

    =Charlie, Jan 22, 2008
  5. SePp

    Mike Ray Guest

    What monitor do you have. Is it a CRT or LCD. Have you tried a different
    monitor?

    Mike Ray, Jan 23, 2008
  6. SePp

    SePp Guest

    Hi all!
    I have a LG L226 WTQ. I tried another one and I have the same problem.

    The Maximum refresh rate is 60 MHZ on 1680 X 1050 and this is used in
    the Games. I tried allready to play in lower solutions
    with higher refresh rate but its getting worse in these solutions.

    I didn't tried older ones but the 7.6 ? The actual Omega drivers and
    the new 8.1.

    Who do I get these information???

    It´s kind of difficult to upload a screenshot with the green textures,
    because this happens only when there
    are fast movement. I'm gonna try to take some pictures. And upload
    them soon.

    Thank you all for helping me! I really appreciate that!

    Cheers
    SePp

    SePp, Jan 23, 2008
  7. SePp

    SePp Guest

    Hi

    I tried to make a printScreen, but at the printed picture are no
    Texture Problems. I dont now what that means. But in the game and in
    movies they are visible.

    Cheers
    SePp

    SePp, Jan 23, 2008
  8. SePp

    -Charlie Guest

    When you tried a different monitor did you use the same
    video cable ? If so, you might try a different one.

    -Charlie, Jan 23, 2008
  9. SePp

    SePp Guest

    Hi,

    I tried another Cable not this one, because the other montitor was a
    CRT and not with DVI input.

    Cheers
    SePp

    SePp, Jan 23, 2008
  10. SePp

    Richard P Guest

    I've just read on the rage3d forum that dotnet3 does this to some extent
    with some games? To find the amps on the 12V line look on the side of
    the psu. As for finding out you mobo model you can use a program called
    cpu-z, cpu-z with also tell you about your cpu and memory. get it from
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php You can get everest from
    http://www.lavalys.com/ with everest get the trial version. When
    installing new drivers do you remove first or just install over the top?

    Richard P, Jan 24, 2008
  11. SePp

    SePp Guest

    Hi Richard

    Usually I deinstall and install the drivers. But from Ati 7.6 to 8.1 I
    just installed the new ones.
    Thanks a lot. I'm gonna try that tonight and post you the information
    as soon as possible.
    I have .net 2.0 but not .net 3.0 ....

    Cheers
    Sebastian

    SePp, Jan 25, 2008
  12. SePp

    SePp Guest

    Hi Richard

    psu Be quiet Model: BQT E5- 450 W

    12V1 25 A
    12V2 18A

    12V1 and 12V2 Max = 30A

    All information from cpuz you can find here:
    http://web111.server-drome.net/tmp/cpuz.htm

    And here are the information from Everest:
    http://web111.server-drome.net/tmp/Report.htm

    Hope you find some information!!!

    Thanks in advance.

    Sebastian

    SePp, Jan 26, 2008
  13. SePp

    Richard P Guest

    In your bios can you set PCIE to X16 instead of X4. When you've done
    that uninstall your vid card drivers and then install the 8.1's and then
    over the top the 8.1 hotfix drivers.

    Richard P, Jan 27, 2008
  14. SePp

    SePp Guest

    Hi!

    I couldn't change these information in Bios, but the card was in the
    wrong PCI Slot. The one I used supported only 4X

    Thanks to all!!!

    Regards,
    SePp

    SePp, Feb 6, 2008