    run at 1920x1200 smoothly, I now run maxed-out DX11 settings instead. No
    complaints yet!

    rms

    rms, Aug 11, 2010

  2. rms

    rms Guest

    If you're currently looking at a gtx470/radeon5870 class card, take a
    Down to $240 now on newegg!

    rms

    rms, Aug 13, 2010

  3. rms

    Zank Frappa Guest

    Zank Frappa, Aug 14, 2010
  4. rms

    rms Guest

    If you're currently looking at a gtx470/radeon5870 class card,
    I'm not saying this is the deal to end all deals. From what rumors I've
    read, this first generation of Fermi cards wasn't all that well received,
    and nvidia is clearing inventory for the next revision. In my mind, ATI
    cards like the 5850 & 5870 are still selling for their original MSRP and are
    way overpriced, and the gtx460 tops current price/perf charts. But I was
    itching to upgrade, saw that this particular gtx465 was unlockable & had a
    good cooler, and bought. It does use more power and generate more heat than
    my 4870, but otherwise I have no complaints.

    If you have more patience than I did, refreshes of the nvidia & ATI cards
    should be announced in coming months, and ATI cards are way overdue for a
    large pricecut by the holiday season.

    rms

    rms, Aug 15, 2010
  5. rms

    Zank Frappa Guest

    You're not very bright, are you?

    Zank Frappa, Aug 15, 2010
  6. rms

    Zank Frappa Guest

    Yeah, it's totally his fault that you have zero comprehension skills.

    Zank Frappa, Aug 15, 2010
  7. rms

    Tom Lake Guest

    Tom Lake, Aug 15, 2010
  8. rms

    rms Guest

    There is a probable reason why the 465 is a 465 and not a 470. Try
    Sure. As I said before, this particular model 465 is functionally
    identical to a 470, and overclocks beyond 470 specs, maxing out at 80C in
    MSI's Kombuster (a furmark clone), and in OCCT gpu tests with no errors.
    Why would MSI sell a 465 with the extra ram of a 470, and a fancy heatsink,
    that is the question to ask. It's a very odd product.

    rms

    rms, Aug 16, 2010
  9. rms

    noman Guest

    He mentioned cards that can be unlocked quite easily to GTX 470. Doing that
    though requires a BIOS flash, which has its risks.
    Actually they have stopped honoring the warranties recently. If you send a
    defective card to BFG, they will mail it back to you unrepaired.

    By the way, I'd recommend getting two 1GB GTX 460s. The power draw is much
    less, and consequently your PC room won't heat up as much. They perform quite
    good as well in SLI.

    noman, Aug 16, 2010
  10. rms

    noman Guest

    It's a more recent development. They won't give you a replacement or repair
    the card now.

    noman, Aug 17, 2010