GTX 780 won't show up in Win 7 + S7025

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by lololamoto, Nov 27, 2013.

  1. lololamoto

    lololamoto

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2013
    hello,
    following my other thread, I decided to open another thread to find out if somebody else have been able to get an GTX 780 working
    MB : S7025
    BIOS : 1.07
    1 Nvidia Quadro FX 5800
    2 x asus GTX 780 Direct CII
    1 x asus GTX 670 DirectCII
    PSU : 1500 W
    Win 7 pro 64 bit

    The Following setup work:
    Quadro Alone
    Quadro + 670
    670 Alone

    The following doesn't work
    Single GTX 780 (on any slot)
    Quadro + GTX 780 (on any slot)

    I've got 300w per rail, so it's plenty enough.
    The leds on the GTX 780 are green
    The slot are PCI-E 16x
    The GTX 780 is not visible at all even not in the device managment

    I don't know what elese to test to make it working. May be the GTX 780 are faulty, who knows!!!

    lololamoto, Nov 27, 2013
  2. lololamoto

    lololamoto

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2013
    Just Tried the GTX780 on a very old Dell 490 Under win 8. It works immediatly!
    So I guess the problem is link to the MB.

    lololamoto, Nov 28, 2013
  3. lololamoto

    lololamoto

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2013
    It is very weird, but I finally found out :
    - On board Vga must be set to Enable in the bios to get a single GTX working
    - A second Monitor have to be attached to the second card to get the card visible in the OS
    - Same for the third card.
    - My slot (PCIe) N° 5 is out of order.

    lololamoto, Nov 28, 2013