    LUCKY YOU IF YOU GOT A GTX 7900 TOO ! :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 25, 2007

  2. Well,

    GTX 8800 will probably work on XP too..

    So then maybe you just got a slighter fast card... but you can forgot about
    DX10 features ;)

    So no increase in graphics quality except maybe higher polygon models and
    such...

    But special dx10 effects on xp <- nope ?!

    And ofcourse for those that went to use gtx 8800 for special gpgpu
    programming maybe cuda available for xp as well ?

    Gjjeeeeee.

    Bye,
    Skybuck ;)

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 25, 2007

  3. Skybuck Flying

    Stephan Rose Guest

    What kind of bullshit are you spouting off?

    The 8800 GTX works perfectly fine under XP and Linux. You don't need
    Vista to use a 8800 GTX.

    Of course DirectX10 is Vista only, but currently there are extremely few
    games using it at all and most of those just offer DX10 as a secondary
    advanced graphics option. Not many developers are about to release their
    games for DX10 only and piss off over 90% of their customers.

    Also, DX10 is only an API. The benefits of the graphics card such as
    increased bandwidth, faster CPU Clock, faster memory clock, more memory,
    the new pipeline, etc. are available to any API as that's how the
    frigging card works regardless of the API used with it.

    So bottom line, before you go spouting off bullshit at least make sure it
    has a marginal hint of truth to it.

    --
    Stephan
    2003 Yamaha R6

    å›ã®ã“ã¨æ€ã„出ã™æ—¥ãªã‚“ã¦ãªã„ã®ã¯
    å›ã®ã“ã¨å¿˜ã‚ŒãŸã¨ããŒãªã„ã‹ã‚‰

    Stephan Rose, Oct 25, 2007
  4. Name one other api which implements DX10 like features ?

    Maybe OpenGL ?

    Seems OpenGL not used that much anymore by game developers...

    What value does GTX 8800 offer for Vista haters ? ;)

    See nvidia kinda getting locked into Vista HAHA !

    So if Vista sux, and people dont want it, why would you want a GTX 8800 hmmm
    ? ;)

    Little bit more speed, little bit more memory ? For what ?

    GTX 7900 probably handles everything so far just fine.

    Bye,
    Skybuck LOL.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 25, 2007
  5. Skybuck Flying

    Stephan Rose Guest

    I think that OpenGL 3.0 has a chance to do better than OpenGL 2.0 but we
    will see. Of course OpenGL has the same "problem" as DX10 has that it
    will only work with 8000 series or up nVidia cards and whatever
    equivalent from ATI as far as I know. The API though is completely redone
    and also primarily shader based like DX10 as far as I know. I'm still
    waiting to really get a chance to look at the specs though. Not sure if
    they've been made available to the public yet.
    Better performance?
    nVidia is not locked into Vista.
    Because it performs better? Because I can play Supreme Commander with a
    1,000 unit limit against other players at a resolution of 1600x1200 with
    all settings maxed out and still get smooth framerates?

    --
    Stephan
    2003 Yamaha R6

    å›ã®ã“ã¨æ€ã„出ã™æ—¥ãªã‚“ã¦ãªã„ã®ã¯
    å›ã®ã“ã¨å¿˜ã‚ŒãŸã¨ããŒãªã„ã‹ã‚‰

    Stephan Rose, Oct 25, 2007
  6. Skybuck Flying

    Conor Guest

    And then you shoot yourself in the foot by saying...
    It does. The 8x series are DX10 cards. XP and Linux don't have DX10 so
    you're not using functionality that you've paid for.

    Conor, Oct 25, 2007
  7. Skybuck Flying

    Stephan Rose Guest

    Yes I am using the functionality I've paid for. I am using the
    performance of my video card. And, DX10 is not the only API in this
    world, OpenGL exists as well.

    --
    Stephan
    2003 Yamaha R6

    å›ã®ã“ã¨æ€ã„出ã™æ—¥ãªã‚“ã¦ãªã„ã®ã¯
    å›ã®ã“ã¨å¿˜ã‚ŒãŸã¨ããŒãªã„ã‹ã‚‰

    Stephan Rose, Oct 25, 2007
  8. Skybuck Flying

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Too much drugs?

    Arno Wagner, Oct 25, 2007
  9. * Conor:
    Ever heard of OpenGL? Even without DX10 on Windowsxp you still can use
    all features of the GF8 series under Windowsxp with OpenGL.

    Of course besides the fact that the GF8800 series even in DX9 games just
    runs circles around any DX9 cards including SkyFucks 7900GTX SLI setup.

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Oct 25, 2007
  10. * Arno Wagner:
    No, just our average Dutch retard SkyFuck who probably needs something
    to overcome that he can't afford a Geforce 8800 series card and is stuck
    with his old 7900GTX...

    But then he's also too stupid to even know the correct naming of the
    video card he has, so all that isn't really surprising.

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Oct 25, 2007
  11. Skybuck Flying

    Conor Guest

    Not if you're not running Vista. Might as well have saved money and got
    a 7x series card that'd be just as fast in DX9/OpenGL.
    However DirectX 10 is the only API that uses the full functionality of
    the card...

    Conor, Oct 25, 2007
  12. * Skybuck Flying:
    Well, you again show us that you're even dumber than a pile of horse shit.

    Of course the 8800GTX doesn't need Vista, it runs just fine with
    Windowsxp. But I understand that with an IQ of an average office plant
    this is just too much for you to understand.
    With your lack of even basic knowledge this probably might seem this way
    to you. Personally I'm lucky that I replaced my 7900GTX-class card with
    a 8800GTX-class card. Simply because the 8800GTX series is much faster
    than the old Geforce 7.

    BTW: it's "8800GTX" and "7900GTX" and not "GTX 8800" or "GTX 7900".
    You're really an first class idiot.

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Oct 25, 2007
  13. Skybuck Flying

    Mr.E Solved! Guest

    Benjamin, weren't you the one to tell me to block Skybuck? Judging by
    the bitchslapping you're giving him, he must really be desperate for
    attention.

    Block him! Block him! Good riddance to bad rubbish! He does not contribute!

    Mr.E Solved!, Oct 25, 2007
  14. * Mr.E Solved!:
    I plead gulity to full extend! I know it's better not to answer to
    SkyFucks mental diarrhea, but sometimes such idiots just need a packed
    punch ;-)
    He definitely doesn't contribute. But I always find myself really amazed
    that people like SkyFuck not only are just dumb like bread but also
    don't realize that they demonstrate their stupidity to the public -
    conserved by dozens of usenet archives including google for eternity.

    The real problem is that such buggers only disappear if *no-one* answers
    to their brabbling. And this won't just happen.

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Oct 25, 2007
  15. Skybuck Flying

    RF Guest

    When you're running a DX game, you're not using the OpenGL aspects of your
    card either. So, why buy a card that supports OpenGL? You've just wasted
    money buying features you aren't using.

    Oh.. and what if you don't use your computer to watch DVDs? You wasted
    money buying a card that has built in hardware DVD decoding capabilities.

    RF.

    RF, Oct 25, 2007
  16. Skybuck Flying

    Joe Mama Guest

    Joe Mama, Oct 25, 2007
  17. Skybuck Flying

    DRS Guest

    Ain't that the truth. My partner built a new system (E6700, XFX 8800GTX
    630Mhz) that blows mine (939 X2 4200 2.6Ghz, XFX 7800GT 450Mhz) into the
    weeds. The difference in game performance is embarassing - and DX10 isn't
    an issue as we're both running XP.

    DRS, Oct 26, 2007
  18. * Conor:
    That's just BS. A Geforce 8800 series outperforms any DX9 card in DX9 games.
    Again just plain BS. Of course you can use the full functionality of the
    Geforce 8 series with OpenGL, too.

    You really should get at least the basics straight before posting.
    You're not in some way related to DaveW, are you?

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Oct 26, 2007
  19. Skybuck Flying

    GMAN Guest

    The 8800 GTX craps on the 7900's breakfast!

    GMAN, Oct 27, 2007
  20. Skybuck Flying

    gamefixer Guest

    My single 8800GTX doubles the 3DMARK06 score I got with two 7900GT's
    in WinXP. Outside of the fact that you have to use Vista in order to
    play DX10 games this card is an incredible piece of hardware. Every
    game that was choppy with the 7900's is smooth as silk with the 8800.

    I think you should try one first hand before you start making comments
    like these.

    Matt

    gamefixer, Oct 27, 2007