    already tried a P3-850 with no luck (wrong multiplier or wrong FSB
    clock, perhaps? It wouldn't even POST...)

    Please advise. Thanks much.

    Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Oct 1, 2006

  2. Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

    Ben Myers Guest

    The GX100 motherboard has limited support for Pentium III CPUs. The limit is
    the voltage supported by the motherboard. I am pretty sure that the best you
    can do would be a Pentium III at 600MHz. Intel made several 600MHz Slot 1 P3s.
    The one you would want operates at 100MHz FSB and 2.0v.

    A good slotket or a still-expensive PowerLeap adapter may also work and enable
    you to pust the speed even higher.

    A memory upgrade may also add some zip to the system. PC100 memory is cheap and
    easy nowadays... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Oct 1, 2006

  3. Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

    paulmd Guest

    Celeron 533mhz. Really.

    But do get the latest bios anyway, you MAY be able to push it into the
    p3 range.

    the Celery 533 has an 8x multiplier. It might not support highter.

    p3-850 has 8.5 multiplier

    paulmd, Oct 1, 2006
  4. Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

    paulmd Guest

    I'm pretty sure he has a socket 370 celeron 400 in there.

    paulmd, Oct 2, 2006
  5. (known to some as Ben Myers)
    scribed...

    Thanks, Ben. However, this is not a Slot-1 system. This particular
    board has a PGA370 (better known as a Socket-370) on it.

    Does this change your suggestions? ;-)

    Keep the peace(es).

    Dr. Anton T. Squeegee, Oct 2, 2006