    style CD drives. I've replaced both of the ones I have and the last one was
    $12 shipped (Ebay). Not too shabby for a kids computer.
    Andy

    Guest, Aug 6, 2005

  2. Andy,

    Very interesting - thanks for the info.

    Did you need a special IDE cable to make this work? I have a spare laptop
    CD/DVD drive from a ThinkPad. It looks like the IDE connection is not the
    standard 40-pin config but a much smaller connector. Of course, you
    probably already had the cable in your system, right? Or did you also have
    to get a cable to make this work.

    Just curious as to how you made this work Thanks for any info/insights!
    Keith

    news.columbus.rr.com, Aug 6, 2005