Half-Life2 on GeforceFX cards: Better Visuals and better Performance

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by rms, Dec 17, 2004.

  1. rms

    rms Guest

    rms, Dec 17, 2004

  2. rms

    Blaedmon Guest

    i doubt it

    Blaedmon, Dec 18, 2004

  3. rms

    deimos Guest

    Can anyone report if they've been able to get partial precision support
    working on an original FX series card (i.e. 5200, 5600, but not 5700,
    5900, those were NV35, 36, etc)?

    I've tried on a junky Jaton 5600 without success, but I suspect it's got
    a few things wrong with it anyhow (intentionally lower clocks and poor
    RAM type). I can't see a difference between FP16 and FP32 in speed.

    3DAnalyze _IS_ working, since I can turn on other features like the
    counter or forcing a different card, or wireframe, etc, just no sign of
    _pphint working.

    deimos, Dec 18, 2004