1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

handwriting mail from outlook 2003 to Outlook Express 6.0

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by mikio, May 27, 2004.

1. mikio

mikio Guest

After creating handwriting mail by Outlook 2003 (word 2003 is selected as mail editor) I have sent to my self mail account and received in four clients. O and OE in the same Tablet PC I sent handwriting, another O and OE installed in the different PC. I intended O: as Outlook 2003, OE: as Outlokk Express 6. Every OE is unchecked "Read all messages in plain text" and "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" Also I have set my mail account could be received by these four clients for my experiment.
    The result:
    Both O sucessfully received handwriting content as expected but both OE does not, only <Handwriting content> did show
    However when I forward (again to myself) what I received by O in another PC, I found both OE could successfully receive the handwriting. This is NOT true when I forward what I received by O in tablet PC, both OE showed just <Handwriting content> forwarded.
    I checked the two forwarded mails' source by OE File>Properties>Details>Message Sources and I found there are quite huge difference in the mail format
    Is this result consistent with your design

mikio, May 27, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. mikio

mikio Guest

I finally noticed that the behavior of OL2003 installed in TabletPC and XP PC is different.
    When I sent an ordinary mail having one picture inserted from OL to OE, the picture sent from TabletPC didn't show
    up while one from XP PC did show perfectly by OE.
    I will continue to check this might be an issue of OL specific I installed in my TabletPC
    Anyway this was not specific to the handwriting mail

Thanks
    Mikio

mikio, May 28, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question