    have to buy it seperately when it comes out?

    Thanks

    Henrik

    Henrik, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Henrik

    Chris H. Guest

    Chris H., Sep 24, 2004

  3. Not easily. There is a Tablet MUI pack, but you must *first* install a
    regular Windows XP MUI Pack and that is generally only available via
    corporate licenses.
    Danish handwriting recognition *might* be available with the next Reco
    PAck update, but I wouldn't sit around waiting for a Microsoft Danish
    speech engine. Look for a third-party compatible solution there.

    Mike Williams [MVP], Sep 24, 2004
  4. Henrik

    Henrik Guest

    Many thanks for the rapid reply!

    One additional Q: Do I have to pay for the Danish
    handwriting recognition when it comes out, or can I
    download it and install it for free?

    Thanks

    Henrik

    Henrik, Sep 24, 2004
  5. Henrik

    Henrik Guest

    Many thanks for your reply.

    On the site, it states, that "Before installing Windows
    XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 MUI Pack, you must first
    install the English version of Windows XP Tablet PC
    Edition 2005 and also install Windows XP MUI Pack." - So
    I need to have the XP MUI Pack before I download and
    install this pack. Where do I get the Windown XP MUI
    Pack, and is it free?

    Thanks

    Henrik

    Henrik, Sep 24, 2004
  6. Henrik

    terri Guest

    terri, Sep 24, 2004
  7. The Reco Pack has been free to date.

    Mike Williams [MVP], Sep 24, 2004
  8. Henrik

    Chris H. Guest

    So far, Microsoft (after much prodding by the Tablet PC MVPs, I must say)
    has issued the updates as a free download (or it can be ordered on a CD for
    a nominal fee, since it has been quite a large file). The MUI, obviously is
    only the first step, to be followed by the MUIRP, hopefully fairly soon.

    The operating system MUI is a different animal, with information here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/winxp.mspx There are already
    numerous Regional Options and Languages on your system for the OS, if you
    take a look in Control Panel/Regional and Language Options.

    There is a whole lot of helpful information available in Help and Support.
    Just do a Search on Regional and Language Settings.

    Chris H., Sep 24, 2004
  9. But as I understand it, the free Tablet MUI is useless unless you have
    the limited-access MUI for the base Windows XP.

    Mike Williams [MVP], Sep 24, 2004