handwriting recognition

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Krish, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Krish

    Krish Guest

    Krish, Jul 20, 2003

  2. Krish

    Krish Guest

    as long as you can write A as A and not some weired symbol it's OK

    --
    Krish Sharma
    Brisbane,Australia
    "terri" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, Krish,
    >
    > Since I was quoted in that article, it's true. At present, handwriting
    > recognition is not trainable, however, it's certainly not a scam.
    >
    > Microsoft used over a million handwriting samples to create the

    recognition
    > engine.
    >
    > With later technology, it's possible that eventually handwriting will be
    > trainable. Currently, a slight alteration to certain letters by the user

    is
    > generally sufficient to get very good recognition for most users.
    >
    > --
    > Terri Stratton
    > http://thetabletpc.net
    >

    > "Krish" <> wrote in message
    > > I read in a tablet PC review that the hand writing recognition is
    > > preconfigured and cannot be trained to recognize your hand writing if it

    > is
    > > true Microsoft is doing a scam since no 2 people in the world

    handwriting

    http://secure.zdnet.com.au/techcentre/wireless/trends/story/0,2000050979,20275551,00.htm

    Krish, Jul 20, 2003

  3. Krish

    terri Guest

    :) Yes, A is A. Although, for those who are used to the PPC or Palm
    characters, those are also recognized.

    --
    Terri Stratton
    http://thetabletpc.net