    An Old Parrot Head,
    In the Conch Republic,
    Just South of Reality

    Guest, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Guest

    EM Guest

    Yup yup! Bought one on eBay a few weeks ago.

    Yep, that's EXACTLY what it says on mine.

    Oh yeah. HDD "racks" are real neato devices to have around, whether for
    laptops or desktops. It's by far the best option for making THOROUGH
    backups, IMO.

    I wouldn't know. I just boot off a floppy, run my cloning software and
    go do some work on my desktop while the backup is running. "Speed" (or
    the potential lack of it) doesn't realy matter to me.

    EM, Jun 4, 2004

  3. 1)Has anyone tried using the Ultra Slim Bay hd adapter in a 600E??
    It's the right part.
    No, it runs at the same speed as the primary drive.

    To do it right with the second hard drive adapter, you should also get a
    drive mounting tray from Bill Morrow:

    http://www.thinkpads.com/prod04.htm

    The one you want is the first one listed; be sure to let Bill know it's for
    a TP600 and not a newer model. Here's a bigger picture of the tray:

    http://www.thinkpads.com/HDDBracket.jpg

    You can put a bare drive in the second hard drive adapter, but it is a loose
    fit held in place only by the IDE connector. The drive fits much more
    securely if you attach the mounting tray to the drive first. If you don't
    use the mounting tray, then at the very least you should cut a piece of thin
    cardboard to fit the bottom of the second drive adapter and put the drive on
    top of that. This will insulate the circuit board at the bottom of the drive
    from the metal in the adapter.

    But since you are planning on swapping the drives around, you should really
    get the mounting tray. If you don't, you will have to remove the tray from
    your main drive and attach it to the new drive when you swap them. The tray
    is attached not only with four screws but with sticky tape as well.

    -Mike

    Michael Geary, Jun 4, 2004
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest