    procedure better!??!

    Thank you
    Alessio Sangalli

    Alessio Sangalli, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Most Compaqs require that you put the jumpers on the rear of the new drive
    in the "cable select" position, otherwise the computer won't see the new
    drive. Then you have to install the operating system with the restore disk,
    if you have the full restore disks. If you only have the recovery disks, D
    drive is needed and that won't be on a blank drive, so it won't work. Full
    restore disks are available from Compaq for a fee. Mike N

    Michael Naven, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Alessio Sangalli

    Herminio2025 Guest

    www.compaq.com
    support
    drivers, etc.
    type your laptop model and look for softpacks in the case of bios it's called
    rompacks. But before doing anything, even on laptops, there is a jumper on the
    hard drive that should be set to cable select instead of master. If that fails,
    try the rompack.

    Herminio2025, Nov 8, 2003
  4. I too am looking for solutions to this, is it limitation of Insyd BIOS?

    Chiachen Tsao, Nov 20, 2003