    a project? Is it still out of stock after 6 months?

    Help!!

    Mike

    Michael P Gabriel, Jun 24, 2004

  2. Michael P Gabriel

    Tom Scales Guest

    They have it. It's in stock (or at least it was recently). Call them

    Tom Scales, Jun 25, 2004

  3. Michael P Gabriel

    Robert Guest

    Yes they do. It is identical to the one already in the PC.
    To make it easier they have the part number already printed on it.

    I wanted a floppy drive bracket for a dimension 4600.
    I quoted the part number on the side of a friends one - price a bit high but
    ordered it.
    I got the bracket, drive and cable - quite cheap.

    I ordered it via the web
    https://support.ap.dell.com/ap/en/emaildell/feedback/spareparts.asp

    Robert, Jun 26, 2004
  4. Michael P Gabriel

    Jack Mac Guest

    My Dimension XPS Gen 2 came with the bracket for a second drive in place.
    All I had to do was remove it, fasten it to the second drive and put it back
    in place.

    Jack Mac

    Jack Mac, Jun 27, 2004
  5. Michael P Gabriel

    Robert Guest

    My 4600 came with two hdd brackets as well. Happened to notice they were
    identical when I was swapping around drive positions.
    Had noticed a friends 2400 only came with one bracket so if she wants to
    installed a second hdd I can tell her what to order - the part number
    printed on the current bracket.

    Robert, Jun 28, 2004
  6. Robert, what you and Jack Mac are missing is that Michael has,
    and is asking about, a D2400, not a D4600, or a DXPS Gen 2.
    The D4600 and DXPS have a second internal HD bay, and come with
    the drive mounting clips to put a second HD into that bay.

    The 2400 comes with only one internal drive bay, which contains
    the "puny 40G" drive the Michael wants to supplement.

    This may give you an idea of what Michael faces:

    http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dim2400/en/sm_en/techov.htm

    The only way AFAIK, for Michael to put a second HD in his 2400
    would be to jury rig it on his own. Liberal use of duct tape
    comes immediately to mind.

    His better choice is to bite the bullet, buy the drive in the
    size he wants, and replace his current drive. Second benefit, he
    gets a clean reinstallation of everything, his WinWhatever
    registry starts out fresh.

    Ogden Johnson III, Jun 28, 2004
  7. Michael P Gabriel

    Tom Scales Guest

    There is a bracket for the 2400. It places another drive against the side
    of the case at the bottom. It is available from Dell.

    Tom Scales, Jun 28, 2004
  8. Michael P Gabriel

    S.Lewis Guest

    And ebay, at an inflated price. Both in kit form and just the bare drive
    cage.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jun 29, 2004
  9. Michael P Gabriel

    Phred Guest

    What about installing one of those "removeable drive" racks if there's
    a spare slot somewhere for that? After all, you don't *have* to
    remove the thing.

    Cheers, Phred.

    Phred, Jun 29, 2004
  10. If you check the link in my previous post, 2400 has three "bays",
    the HD cage vertically at the bottom front of the case and the CD
    and 3-1/2" floppy bays horizontally at the top front.

    It's why I generally shy away from recommending the 2xxx in favor
    of the 4xxx series, expandability. If drive size is the only
    reason the OP is looking to "upgrade" his 2400, just buying the
    larger drive to replace the 40GB would be, to my eyes, his best
    choice. Sure there's a reload of OS/app programs, but there's
    also no ordering a kit, waiting on delivery, installing the kit,
    etc.

    Ogden Johnson III, Jun 29, 2004
  11. Michael P Gabriel

    Jim Kent Guest

    The bracket you want is p/n 0T962. Rotsa ruck ordering one. I've
    placed the order three times, and three times the f'ing jackoffs have
    cancelled the orders two months after placing them. I'm starting to
    hate Dell too, and goddammit, I'm a stockholder!

    Jim Kent, Jun 30, 2004
  12. Michael P Gabriel

    S.Lewis Guest

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51064&item=3490245657&rd=1

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51064&item=3489998845&rd=1

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51064&item=3489121450&rd=1

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jun 30, 2004
  13. Michael P Gabriel

    Jim Kent Guest

    [ebay links]
    A testament to American enterprise and ingenuity. Sell a $0.23
    bracket for $20 + $8 shipping. Yah, right. I ended up taking some
    sheet steel and fabricating my own with the help of a drill press and
    large vise. Works great, less filling. I only needed three of them.
    But thanks anyway. I really hope not too many people get ripped off
    by these opportunists.

    ___

    Buck Fush

    Jim Kent, Jun 30, 2004
  14. Michael P Gabriel

    S.Lewis Guest

    <snip>

    Yup. But for those who can't do for themselves (for whatever reason) the
    option is out there, which is the only reason I posted the info.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Jun 30, 2004
  15. Michael P Gabriel

    billle Guest

    Dell Dimension Second, Third and Fourth Hard Drive Brackets ar
    available here and they are the only American Made one's.  Thes
    custom designed hard drive brackets fit Dell Dimension models B110
    1100, 2300, 2350, 2400, 3000, 4600, 4700
    http://www.geocities.com/billle1/morebrackets.htm

    billle, Jun 7, 2006
  16. Michael P Gabriel

    Ben Myers Guest

    FWIW, I recently tore down a couple of Compaq Presario systems, the kind with
    the absolutely butt-ugly huge hunk of plastic for the front bezel. On first
    glance, the drive mounting backet looks very much like the ones used in the
    Dimensions. I'll have to try one to see if everything lines up perfectly.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jun 7, 2006
  17. Michael P Gabriel

    Jay B Guest

    your prices are too high!
    $12/bracket plus $7 shipping each!! gimme a break.
    much cheaper elsewhere.

    Jay B, Jun 7, 2006
  18. Michael P Gabriel

    billle Guest

    I have a 2400 DELL DIMENSION, and I'm dying to add a second har
    driv

    billle, Jun 7, 2006
  19. or search ebay for dell part number 0t962.
    in theory they can be orderd from dell for $9 each but i have ordered them
    multiple times (in quanity) and dell cancels the order after about a week
    without any notice...

    Christopher Muto, Jun 7, 2006
  20. Michael P Gabriel

    billle Guest

    your prices are too high
    Hello Jay

    Your paying for an American Made product and our second hard driv
    bracket is designed to accept our third hard drive bracket which wa
    just released. Other advantages such as cooling; our product allow
    for cooling to come in from many different directions. We offer th
    only internal matching "3" bracket system package on th
    market with combined storage capability of one terabyte plus! Al
    products are USPS Priority shipped 2-3 days delivery time.
    http://www.geocities.com/billle1/morebrackets.htm

    billle, Jun 7, 2006