    for word processing, web surfing, and email, so in that respect it is still
    a useful machine.

    Thanks in advance for any advice

    KC, Oct 17, 2004

  2. KC

    Howard Shubs Guest

    Make a complete backup. Do it now!

    Howard Shubs, Oct 17, 2004

  3. KC

    kmc Guest

    Thanks for the ideas.

    The Carbon Copy Cloner page
    (http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html) states that it is for OS X.
    How does one back up a Mac OS 9.2.2 system?

    If I boot from the Apple OS 9 CD and run "Disk Utility", will I be
    able to make an image of the hard drive that can copied over to a new
    hard drive?

    Kenn

    kmc, Nov 4, 2004
  4. x
    Yes

    Cathy

    Cathy Stevenson, Nov 4, 2004
  5. KC

    Roj Guest

    Backing up or copying the system drive in OS 9 is trivial. You just
    copy everything by dragging it and dropping it. I have backup OS 9
    systems all over the place. I can recover from any possible disaster.

    Roj, Nov 5, 2004
  6. KC

    clw Guest

    I back-up files from both X and 9.x simultaneously using Toast to CD's
    all the time with no problems.

    clw, Nov 5, 2004
  7. KC

    Roj Guest

    Backing up or copying the system drive in OS 9 is trivial. You just
    Ordinary files, okay. But I was talking about backing up or copying
    the *system* files on the *system* drive. You need special software to
    do that with OS X if you want to boot from the destination drive. Like
    Carbon Copy Cloner.

    Roj, Nov 7, 2004