hard drive shock protection / Winamp / mp3 / IBM ThinkVantage Active Protection System

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Philip Bondi, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. Philip Bondi

    Philip Bondi Guest

    Hello to all:

    Lenovo offers the ThinkVantage Active Protection System (APS) which
    will freeze the hard drive when movement of the laptop is detected. The
    sensitivity of the APS can be adjusted, but for me it always interfered
    while listening to music during my commute on my ThinkPad T42.

    Winamp permits buffering of an entire mp3 file.
    - Select Winamp preferences
    - Select Input Plug-ins
    - Select MPEG Audio Decoder
    - Select Configure
    - Enter a larger value for kilobytes into the "Full File Buffering"
    input box, such as 10240

    Winamp permits buffering of an entire ogg file.
    - Select Winamp preferences
    - Select Input Plug-ins
    - Select Vorbis Decoder
    - Select Configure
    - Enable "Buffer full files from disk"

    Happy listening and commuting!

    PS: I've been listening to music on ThinkPads since BEFORE there were
    iPods. One day I'll get an iPod.

    Philip Bondi, Jan 13, 2006