Harddisk detected but does not appear in Windows Explorer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by My View, Jul 18, 2005.

  1. My View

    My View Guest

    I have just installed a new SATA harddisk as a single Raid 0 and have also
    installed the previous IDE harddisk as a slave on the primary IDE.

    When I boot-up Windows XP both harddisks are detected but only the SATA
    appears in Windows Explorer.

    I have checked the Device Manager and the IDE drive is listed. I have tried
    to populate the volume but it comes up as unreadable.

    The IDE drive does not appear under Disk Management (under Computer
    Management).

    What can I do to be able to read this drive in Windows Explorer?

    regards

    PeterH

    My View, Jul 18, 2005