    I am looking for a harddisk compatible with HP XE2 DB notebook. Do
    you know where I can get it? Thanks.

    Ergin

    ergerd, Mar 3, 2006

  2. ergerd

    M Guest

    Open up the access to the laptop - it's usually behind an easily accesed
    panel
    or behind a removal CD or battery and take the drive out.

    Take it to a computer store and show them what you need.

    Having said that, they're all the same physical size. Most all will work.

    M, Mar 4, 2006

  3. ergerd

    ergerd Guest

    Thank you for your reply. The problem is I purchased that HP Omnibook
    XE 2 in 2000, and now that laptop is obsolete, so I think it would be
    very difficult to find a compatible harddisk among new generation HDDs,
    if anybody has any suggestion, or has a compatible HDD, please let me
    know.
    Anyway, thank you for your kind reply.

    Regards,
    Ergin Erdem

    ergerd, Mar 6, 2006
  4. ergerd

    Ben Myers Guest

    According to the information I was able to find on the internet about the
    Omnibook XE2, the computer uses the same standard 2.5" IDE/ATA drives used by
    all fairly modern notebooks. The HP web site provides very little useful
    information about the XE2, such as the specifications, but I'll admit I did not
    search in every nook and cranny of the site.

    The BIOS of the system may limit the capacity of drive which can be installed.

    The drive undoubtedly mounts in a small drive carrier, so you can remove the old
    drive and install a new one in the carrier.

    What is the capacity of the drive in the computer right now? ... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Mar 6, 2006
  5. I'm not sure what the rules are regarding this but if you are interested I
    sell refurbished laptop drives between 10GB and 40GB in capacity. All have
    been checked regarding bad sectors, etc and have a 30 day return policy.

    The only thing I would imagine might be an issue is either the height (9.5
    or 12mm) or capacity like what was stated before (I think I remember old
    BIOSs having problems with anything over 32GB). My personal laptop (Dell
    CPx) that I used to test all my drives was made in 2000 with a BIOS from
    2001.

    Send me an email if you are interested. At the rate these are selling I'll
    be out of stock in about a month.

    Ryan Hatfield, Mar 11, 2006
  6. ergerd

    ergerd Guest

    Thank you for your interest. I was out of town, and could not reply
    back. The original drive was 4.8 GB. The capacity is not a big issue,
    if I can replace the hard drive with 2.5" IDE/ATA drives, I would be
    happy, and do not mind using only a percentage of existing capacity. I
    do not know whether the original drive will have a 9.5 or 12mm height.

    Thnaks again for responding to my questions.

    Regards
    Ergin

    ergerd, Mar 25, 2006