    Any hints?

    Bis denn...
    Steffen

    Steffen Breitbach, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Steffen Breitbach

    Homie Guest

    your bios version should match the hpt driver version (see Tom g's ftp server.), also
    check to be sure that no card is in a slot that shares bus mastering with the hpt
    controller.

    --
    Mainboards, Videocards & CPU pin repair.

    http://motherboardrepair.com

    Hi!

    I use a KT7A-RAID. When I connect my harddrives to the onboard-RAID or an
    PCI-HPT370-card, performance is very bad (e.g. WinBench shows disk transfer
    rates of 35MB/s instead of 50MB/s).
    When I connect the harddrives to the "normal" IDE-port of the southbridge,
    performance is as expected.
    This affects all my harddrives (WD400JB, SV1604N, SV2044H).

    Any hints?

    Bis denn...
    Steffen

    Homie, Sep 20, 2003

  3. I use same BIOS and driver versions. I experience problems even if no card
    exept the VGA-card is installed.

    Bis denn...
    Steffen

    Steffen Breitbach, Sep 20, 2003
  4. Steffen Breitbach

    TomG Guest

    what version Highpoint bios and driver set are you running? what is the
    cable and jumper configuration of the drives? both on one Highpoint
    channel, on two different channels? jumpered as master or cable select?

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com