    those and installed 3.10 but the problem still persists,
    Help!!!!!!!!!!

    -Thanks

    matthew, Jan 18, 2004

  2. New one for me sounds like a dud card,anyone ?

    Make sure the card is pushed in all the way :)

    We Live For The One We Die For The One, Jan 18, 2004

  3. matthew

    dino Guest

    I would say so...My9600XT has no issues so far..COD runs
    awesome..Spearhead...looped 3DMark03 5x with no issues..so you may just have
    a dud.

    dino, Jan 18, 2004
  4. matthew

    matthew Guest

    But why would the games play fine right when they start up if the cards a dud?

    matthew, Jan 18, 2004
  5. matthew

    Lithurge Guest

    (matthew) wrote in
    It may be that it needs to be pushed a bit first before it
    causes problems (heat problems?).

    However I found initially with my 9700Pro that I could play
    games for a few minutes then they'd lock.

    Initial cure was to reduce the agp speed to 4x rather than
    8x. Once ATI had released another couple of Cat driver
    versions I found I could up it to 8x with no problems.

    One day I may reinstall the 3.2's to see if they really were
    the problem.

    Lithurge, Jan 18, 2004
  6. matthew

    Psyke Guest

    I have the same problem with my 9600 pro extreme. Runs ok in 4x AGP, but 8X
    runs for a minute or so then crashes. 3D Mark 2001 is a good test. Crashes
    during the first test in 8x, but runs right through in 4x.
    Could be a voltage problem, not sure. I hope it's just a driver issue, as
    there may be hope for me too.

    Good luck.

    Psyke

    Psyke, Feb 9, 2004