    cards are Asus Geforce 5900, Creative Labs Audigy 2, and Leadtek Winfast TV
    tuner card. Any info would be appreaciated.

    John

    Johnny B., May 22, 2004

  2. Johnny B.

    Ed Guest

    Not to change your question but... looking at the manual (2-11 in PDF)
    three sticks of ram can only be run at DDR 333 speeds. If this is NOT
    true I'd sure like to know as it's the only thing holding me back from
    an upgrade also, thanx!
    Ed

    Ed, May 22, 2004

  3. Johnny B.

    Johnny B. Guest

    Ed, I see what you mean by using the 3 slots for a max speed of DDR333.
    With the speed gain of the AMD 64 3200 processor do you think that you would
    see a large speed difference between DDR 333 and 400?

    Johnny B., May 23, 2004
  4. Johnny B.

    Steve Birch Guest

    Note that the later revisions of the Athlon 64 CPU, which talk directly to
    the memory, are much more tolerant of memory timing. You may have no
    problems with 3 sticks of DDR400 memory. It would also be better if it was
    single-sided.
    I'm using this M/B and processor and really pleased with it.
    - Steve

    Steve Birch, May 24, 2004