    boards :) "

    Full Pic..

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/picture/?src=/images/editorial/computex2003/ga-8i875ultra.jpg&1=1

    Woger MKII , Nov 26, 2003

  2. Woger  MKII

    Alien Zord Guest

    Still at it? I'm surprised your local dealer has them in stock as I haven't
    seen any yet and I'm trade.

    Alien Zord, Nov 26, 2003

  3. I would not buy one unless it had the Yellow Bracket..

    Plus its a great MoBo with stacks or features,low price here and the ONLY MoBo
    with ATA 133 when not using it for RAID..

    May be you should buy them from NZ..-:)

    NZ Agent..

    http://www.bdt.co.nz/home/

    Woger MKII , Nov 26, 2003
  4. Woger  MKII

    Alien Zord Guest

    Well I've checked that web site and nowhere it mentions Rev. 2.0:
    http://www.bdt.co.nz/computer/product.asp?item=461262
    In fact their data page shows orange HS retainer of rev. 1.

    I've just spoken to GBT UK and apparently we'll be getting the rev.2.0
    boards next Wednesday. Hurray, I'm after the basic board for myself as my 2
    digital TV cards hog the PCI bus so the GigaRAID adapter would be useless. I
    just need the Intel SATA and the southbridge IDE interfaces as they sit on
    the internal system bus and are not affected by the PCI traffic.

    Alien Zord, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Woger  MKII

    Alan Howard Guest

    Did I miss something? When did the GA-8I875 Ultra & GA-8I875 appear?
    Has it been reviewed somewhere? How does it compare with the
    GA-8KNXP? Does not seem to be listed here in the USA on
    pricegrabber.com!

    Alan Howard, Nov 26, 2003

  6. Well my Mail order dealer has just got some in, and e-mail me today, we both
    contacted that agent and he did go to the stock warehouse but he only checked
    for the Rev level, not the retainer colour..

    I don't know if a Posted this before but here is one on the Full version of
    the MoBo the 8knxp..

    http://www.ocheaven.com.tw/article/0309/imgs/gigabyte-8knxp-b.jpg

    Taken from this Taiwanese Prescott article.

    http://www.ocheaven.com/article/0310/readgoodarticle.asp?id=26

    Woger MKII , Nov 26, 2003
  7. Woger  MKII

    Alien Zord Guest

    8I875 is the successor to 8IK1100 and 8I875 Ultra to 8KNXP. The revision 2
    of the boards are supposed to be Prescott compatible.

    Alien Zord, Nov 26, 2003

  8. Yes its a striped version of the 8knxp, and is a resent mobo, came out a few
    months ago, but no SCSI option but the same as the 8knxp rev 2, with out
    the Dual Power System 2, but does have 4 phase PSU..

    Woger MKII , Nov 26, 2003

  9. Be carefull, the 8I875/Ultra boards came out at the same rev level as the
    8KNXP Rev 2.0, that rev level was the New Audio chipset..

    Woger MKII , Nov 26, 2003
  10. So no DPS2 daughter card?...what is the 4 phase PSU?....would it be better
    then to get the Revision 2.0 of the 8KNXP and install the latest BIOS which
    will allow Prescott?

    Richard Dower, Nov 27, 2003

  11. Does it have the Yellow mounting bracket..?

    The Rev 2 for the GA-8I875 Ultra is much later and not the same as the
    8KNXP Rev 2, the Rev 2.0 for the 8KNXP Rev 2 is just a Sound chip
    update..

    4 Phase PSU gives more current and stability, Asus boards look like they only
    have a 3 phase one, it supplies the CPU its V Core supply.

    Woger MKII , Nov 27, 2003