Has this toasted the mainboard, CPU and/or RAM?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by andy-news, Dec 12, 2004.

  1. andy-news

    andy-news Guest

    Hi,

    I just put together a system based on a K7N2 Delta2 with an AMD Sempron
    2200+. In an act of amazing stupidity and carelessness (being awake
    for 30 hours is my only excuse) I set the CPU FSB to 300MHz from the
    default of 200MHz, and rebooted.

    Now the system does not POST and putting a jumper across pins 2 and 3
    of JBUT1 to clear CMOS does not seem to make any difference either.

    Is this recoverable, or have I likely damaged one or more components?

    An email copy of any replies would be most appreciated, but I'll check
    the group too.

    Thanks,
    Andy

    andy-news, Dec 12, 2004

  2. andy-news

    W????n Guest

    W????n, Dec 17, 2004

  3. andy-news

    walter Guest

    No that didn't toast anything. Just rest the bios to defaults and
    it should go.

    walter, Dec 29, 2004