    Anyone managed to do this ?

    All help greatfully recieved !
    Thanks.

    Me, Dec 28, 2005

  2. Me

    Roy Guest

    I would transfer less important files to USB external hard drive, and
    retain the programs and the most important documents.
    I wouild back up also C- drive by copying the files to the external
    hard drives.
    I would save any files downloaded to the external hard drive. etc

    Roy, Dec 28, 2005

  3. Well, Ghost will make a disk-to-disk clone, which will result in a
    readable drive. If you don't care about the OS, Xcopy will work:

    xcopy c:\*.* <whatever>:\ /e/c/i/q/h/r/k/y

    William P.N. Smith, Dec 28, 2005
  4. Me

    olfart Guest

    Drag and Drop

    olfart, Dec 28, 2005
  5. Me

    HC Guest

    I transferred LOTS of stuff to an external USB HDD and just copied the
    necessary folders, then when I checked to make sure they had copied
    correctly I deleted them from the main HDD. I have several ext HDD's
    for different hobbies and find this frees up the main HDD.

    Hope this helps?
    ;-)

    HC, Dec 28, 2005
  6. Me