    I use a VB601V Board with Bios FQ612. Who knows the biggest size of a
    harddisk that I can use.
    Regards

    Manfred Bathen, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Oops. I already answered this at the "Posting not allowed?" thread.
    Anyway, to answer your question, the QF612 BIOS probably supports only up
    to 32 GB, but there is a beta (unsupported) BIOS QF4129 that supports
    above 65 GB, which I take to mean up to 137 GB. This is only for PCB
    1.4, which I believe you have, since you are already using QF612.

    http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/bios.aspx?model_id=15
    ftp://ftp.fic.com.tw/motherboard/bios/slot1/vb-601-v/

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Am Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:04:20 -0600 schrieb Alex Zorrilla:
    Sorry I cancelled the post because is was a temporarily problem, as I
    believe.
    I'll give the beta Bios a try and do some tests. But i prefer to buy an
    IDE-card to controll the drives. That machine should be a backup in a
    homenetwork with 5 machines.

    Thank you very much, Alex.

    Regards

    Manfred Bathen, Feb 3, 2004
  4. Am Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:04:20 -0600 schrieb Alex Zorrilla:
    after doing a second look to the QF4129 I saw it's an AMI Bios, mine ist an
    Award and it seems to support HDD's up to 32GB as you said.
    Nice try :-((
    Regards

    Manfred Bathen, Feb 7, 2004