    I have double checked my connectors, and they are correct. I tried reversing
    the connector, and it did not work at all, even when posting.

    Any clues as to why all of a sudden it is doing this?

    Don Burnette, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Don Burnette

    fb Guest

    I have had a couple of Lian Li cases with burnt out led's. You might
    swap the power and hd led connector to see if that's the problem.

    fb

    fb, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Don Burnette

    Don Burnette Guest

    I'll give it a try - it must not be burnt out, as it comes on solid when
    first booting, after posting it goes out and stays out.

    Thanks,

    Don Burnette, Feb 20, 2005
  4. Don Burnette

    Don Guest

    Are you by chance using SATA drives? I found a problem exactly like
    yours with the VIA chipset and SATA, I'm wondering if there's a similar
    problem with the nForce chipset.

    I'm presently using IDE drives and the LED's work as expected.

    Don

    Don, Feb 20, 2005
  5. Don Burnette

    fb Guest

    I agree on the SATA comment too. Mine only comes on when booting.

    fb

    fb, Feb 21, 2005
  6. Don Burnette

    Don Burnette Guest

    No sata here, I even have sata disabled in bios, ide only.

    Don Burnette, Feb 21, 2005
  7. Don Burnette

    fb Guest

    Didn't notice in the thread but did you try clearing the cmos?

    fb

    fb, Feb 21, 2005
  8. Don Burnette

    Don Burnette Guest

    No, I can give that a try as well, thanks.

    Don Burnette, Feb 27, 2005
  9. Don Burnette

    Don Burnette Guest

    Gave clearing cmos a try, didn't work. Wierd...

    Don Burnette, Feb 27, 2005
  10. Don Burnette

    Don Guest

    Since the LED lights up during the power-up stage, we know that:

    a) The LED does indeed work.
    b) The connector is plugged in correctly as to the +/- polarity of the
    LED.
    c) The mobo powers the LED during power-up, so by appearance it doesn't
    seem to be a hardware problem related to your board.

    If memory serves, it takes 0.8v to visibly light an LED, reaching
    optimal brilliance at 1.35-1.4v. There's a slight difference in these
    voltages dependant on the color of the LED because different
    semiconductor materials are used.

    If you had access to a volt-meter/multi-meter, you could try doing
    something disk intensive, like defragmenting the drive, and measuring
    the voltage coming off the line powering that LED while the drives are busy.

    That may at least give you a more helpful clue as to whether there is
    a) a voltage coming from the mobo to the LED
    b) a sufficient voltage to power the LED.

    Don

    Don, Feb 28, 2005