HDD controller in Smartstion Compaq LTE ELITE

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Michel, Feb 1, 2011.

  1. Michel

    Michel Guest

    Hi,

    I've got an Compaq LTE ELITE 4/40CX complete with Smartstation.

    In the Smartstion I found an 340Mb HDD wich is connected so you should think
    that it work.

    The Jumpers on the drive are set to "Spare" (this was the setting when I
    bougt it).

    When I start Windows (95) it does not regognize the disk.

    When I unplug the cable and restart the LTE it just starts Windows but when
    I reconnect it the BIOS (?) says it found an Type 65 Drive.

    If I put the C/D switch in "D" the notebook says that there is no system
    disk but since the floppy drive is dead i cannot boot a floppy to see the
    HDD contents and verify if it is the HDD in the Smartstation.

    Am I correct the when you have an HDD in de Smartstation you will see both
    the HDD's (the one in the Notebook and the one in the Smartstion) in
    Windows? or is it just one of them and you can choose betweene them via de
    C/D switch?

    Greetings, Michel

    Michel, Feb 1, 2011