    that states the maximum size HDD it will recognise? + Will the figure for
    IDE HDDs be different to SATA ones?

    Thanks for any help.

    The Berzerker, Mar 25, 2005

  2. The Berzerker

    S.Heenan Guest

    http://www.48bitlba.com/

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013

    S.Heenan, Mar 25, 2005

  3. The Berzerker

    Paul Guest

    http://www.48bitlba.com/

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303013[/QUOTE]

    Your P4S800D was introduced after this article was written.
    It should work.

    http://www.asus.com/support/english/techref/48bithdd/index.aspx

    I don't see anything in the BIOS history that suggests a problem
    from the 48 bit perspective (the >137GB support issue).
    Have a look at this list anyway. BIOS 1008 improves SATA
    detection, and there were problems with Maxtor back then, so
    flash upgrade to the latest BIOS to be safe.

    http://www.asus.com/support/download/bioshistory.aspx?ModelName=P4S800D

    Also, I don't know if the same driver is used or not, but you
    might want to look at this;

    http://groups.google.ca/groups?threadm=MXIZd.31550$

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 25, 2005