    am i missing a setting somewhere? the laptop has the integrated video
    memory.
    thanks

    PeterLudes, Jun 7, 2010

  2. PeterLudes

    Bigguy Guest

    Is the resolution of the HDMI output set to 1920 x 1080?

    Does the PC desktop 'look like crap' on the TV, or just Netflix?

    Does the laptop detect that the TV has been plugged in (EDID DDC)? (This
    should set the correct res).

    Under display properties does the laptop correctly identify your TV
    (make and model)?

    Bigguy, Jun 11, 2010

  3. PeterLudes

    Nate Nagel Guest

    I don't know if this helps any, but I have found the same issue with a
    Samsung TV/monitor (SyncMaster P2570HD) that I am actually currently
    using as my desktop monitor. Picture is great on DVI; *awful* under
    HDMI. You're supposed to set the HDMI input to "PC-DVI" to use it as a
    computer monitor, but even when I do that, I have a lower quality
    picture than using the DVI input (but better than just hooking it up out
    of the box.) So I just use the DVI. (I get the exact same results
    using a HDMI cable from the HDMI connection on my video card as when I
    use the DVI connection with a DVI cable and DVI to HDMI adapter at the
    monitor. The monitor has a great picture when receiving OTA DTV
    broadcasts and also using a Blu-Ray player hooked to the HDMI input.
    It's just when I try to use the HDMI input for a PC that it doesn't work
    well.)

    I thought that HDMI was just DVI with audio and a different connector,
    but apparently that is not the case in reality.

    If you have a DVI input on your TV I'd try that; if not... um... sorry.
    I don't really have a solution, just thought that I'd post my own
    similar experiences.

    nate

    Nate Nagel, Jun 12, 2010
  4. PeterLudes

    Bigguy Guest

    It is probably your video card - it may not be HDCP compliant.
    It will then downscale its output on protected content.

    Bigguy, Jun 16, 2010