HDTV works but no Analog tuning with ATI HDTV Wonder with ASUS P5AD2-e Premium

Discussion in 'Asus' started by ghadley_00, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. ghadley_00

    ghadley_00 Guest

    Hi,

    I have an P4 3.2 GHz win xp pro sp2 on ASUS p5ad2-e premium [bios v
    1004] with Sapphire Radeon x850 XT and
    300 GB SATA HD, as well as 4 IDE devices [2 DVD burners running at UDMa
    4 & 2, and 2 IDE HD running at UDMA 5]. The machine is an ASUS P5AD2-e
    premium, and the 4 ide devices are connected to the ide raid connector
    [this board's default for this connector is standard IDE, and this is
    the only connector to support 133 mode transfers]. I have all the
    latest radeon drivers, as well as all of the latest hdtv drivers [as of
    4/10/05] installed. HDTV works, tv fails to initialize. Running pc
    check shows everything being ok, except questions marks about the 4 IDE
    devices having DMA enable [all of whice show up as udma during boot
    post]. In looking at windows device manager, the primary and secondary
    ide's are set to dma as possible. Any suggestions on ways to correct
    this.

    I have the following drivers installed:

    For Radeon: wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-121-050322a-022141c.exe

    For HDTV Wonder:
    mmc-9-1-0-0-dao-mdac.exe
    hdtv-wonder-5-01_2026v2.exe
    atiCDwiz.exe [for dtv decoder]
    mmc-9-06-1.exe

    and I have installed directx 9c (dxwebsetup.exe) as well as
    remote-wonder-3-01-0-0-english.exe [which by the way, no longer seems
    to load after having uninstalled and installed it a number of times.]

    I have windows media player 10 installed as well as windows media
    encoder 9.

    Is quite frustrating - I would really like to get this to work. Could
    this possibly be bad hardware? [I noticed on the physical unit the
    silver box on the card had some light white substance across the metal]

    I guess I shouldn't be suprised, I've had 3 machines with 3 different
    ati tv products and with every single one, getting the tv part to work
    has been the biggest hassle. If anyone can recommend a different tv
    tuner card [even if by ati] I'm all ears as well.

    Thanks,

    George

    ghadley_00, Apr 12, 2005

  2. ghadley_00

    R. J. Salvi Guest

    A few things come to mind:

    A.) Don't trust that ATI PC Check for hard drive DMA compatibility...it's
    always wrong

    B.) I might be tempted to move the CD/DVD drives to the standard IDE
    controller

    C.) What anti-virus program are you running? Try disabling it.

    D.) Any anti-pop-up or firewall software? Try disabling them as well

    E.) Did you install Intel's chipset drivers?

    It may be that you have faulty hardware, but I'd consider that as a last
    resort. ATI software is known to be buggy so you might have to play with it.
    Was this a clean install of the OS?

    R. J. Salvi, Apr 12, 2005

  3. ghadley_00

    R. J. Salvi Guest

    ....one more thing, you might also post this to:

    alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
    --
    Robert J. Salvi, Ambiance Acoustics
    http://www.ambianceacoustics.com

    R. J. Salvi, Apr 12, 2005
  4. ghadley_00

    Henry Guest

    If you do a search on ati's website they have a fix for your problem.

    Henry, Apr 13, 2005