Heard of any news for HP color laser?

Discussion in 'HP' started by Harry, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Harry

    Harry Guest

    Thinking of upgrading my old Color Lasejet 5 printer and found several
    interesting improvements on color laser in recent years.

    First, the resolution is going up to 2400x2400 now (some are1200x1200 or
    still 600x600). Does it mean "photo" printing is doable with a color laser
    now? Hp is offering some big rebate on almost all its color laser and I
    found they are all 600x600 resolution. Does it mean that HP is
    "discontinuing" all the current color laser?

    Second, the pring of color looks "simpler" than before, it all claims "one
    process" printing which is different from old design of running paer in
    several turns which is maybe the main cause of paper jam. Am I right one
    this? Does new design dramatically reduce the possibility of paper jam now?
    From the way of putting cartridge, I can tell that they are mostly using
    four big cartridges at the front of printer instead of using my old powder
    feeding tank at the back.

    Third, almost all higher end printer have "duplex" priting feature. Are
    they smooth and reliable with today's technology?

    Thank you so much for sharing experiences.

    Harry, Mar 1, 2004