    at someone else's expense, then you have no right to complain when they
    take your money and give it to someone else, including themselves."

    -- Thomas Sowell (1992)

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Perls=F8?=, Nov 23, 2003

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Perls=F8?=

    CJT Guest

    Mine caught fire one day. That was pretty hot.

    CJT, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Explain the circumstances.

    --

    - Peter Perls¿ - web: http://u238.dk

    "If you have been voting for politicians who promise to give you goodies

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Perls=F8?=, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Is it possible to setup 2 WD Raptor Hard Drive in RAID 0 to SATA port
    with 2 Hard Drive hook up to Primary IDE and 2 Optical Drive to
    Secondary IDE port? I've read somewhere that if you enable SATA port,
    you can only use one of the IDE port (either Primary IDE or Secondary
    IDE). Any help would be much appreciated.

    PS
    Is 3rd party RAID card PROMISE FT S150 TX2+RAID RT (with RAID 0)
    better or faster than onboard SATA (with RAID 0)?

    Michelle Serna, Jan 6, 2004
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Perls=F8?=

    Lance Hill Guest

    I have two Western Digital Raptors (RAID 0) on the SATA ports, one Maxtor on
    the primary IDE and one DVD recorder on the secondary IDE.

    Works fine for me.

    Lance
    *****

    Lance Hill, Jan 6, 2004
  6. Since PROMISE card is using PCI Channel (Max 133MB/s), it could not be
    any better than native SATA channel like the one on Intel 875PBZ
    motherboard. But since no harddisk today reaches the PCI channel
    transfer limit, any differences are cosmetic.

    Sleepless_Heart, Jan 9, 2004
  7. You are only limited if the ATA/IDE Configuration in the BOIS is set
    to Legacy. For Windows XP you would use the Enhanced mode where all
    channels are available.

    ATA/IDE Configuration options:
    Legacy = Up to two IDE channels enabled for operating systems that
    require legacy IDE operation.
    Enhanced = All Serial ATA (SATA) and Parallel ATA (PATA) resources
    enabled.

    Frank Fussenegger, Jan 9, 2004
  8. Sorry to reply so lately, but instead of creating a new thread, I'll re-use
    this one.
    I have to run in legacy mode to be able to install Debian. My problem is
    that I have two SATA drives and a CD-ROM. So in this case I can't access
    the CD-ROM! I would also like to do RAID-0, but I can't do that either with
    legacy mode, right? What is the solution in this case? Worst problem is
    installing Debian though. The latest kernel has support for ICH4 only :-(.
    Anyone?

    Daniel =?iso-8859-1?Q?Lidstr=F6m?=, Jan 17, 2004
  9. Legacy mode supports "Up to two IDE channels", so you can use one for
    the CD-ROM. The drivers from Intel for RAID are for Windows XP. I
    don't know what options you have for RAID under Linux. You might want
    to start a new thread with an appropriate title, and also look for a
    solution in one of the Linux forums.

    Frank Fussenegger, Jan 19, 2004