HeatlaneZen fanless CPU cooler up to P4 2.8ghz ???

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Noozer, Jun 19, 2004.

  1. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    Noozer, Jun 19, 2004

  2. Noozer

    Phil Weldon Guest

    You ALWAYS need to get the hot air from the CPU heatsink out of the case.
    The heatsink type makes no difference (unless, of course, you use water
    cooling and pipe the warmed water outside.) Using the heatsink shown at
    the web site doesn't change the amount of heat generated. What it DOES make
    is a much hotter CPU, unless, of course, you put a fan on the heatsink. And
    THAT gets to the question of why get it.

    Notice what the description states:

    "NCU-1000 is designed with maximum CPU load as e-mailing, internet browsing,
    using word processor, spreadsheet software or equivalent."

    And judge the product accordingly.

    --
    Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
    For communication,

    Phil Weldon, Jun 19, 2004

  3. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    I checked out some reviews after posting...

    Definately something for a specific niche. Not something the average person
    would really be interested in.

    Looks like I'll be going with the Zalman CNPS7000A to quiet this PC down...
    http://zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=54&code=009
    ...unless someone can suggest something quieter and about as good.

    (P4 2.8Ghz clocked to 3.2Ghz)

    Noozer, Jun 19, 2004