    the Intel retail kit OK? This is for an IC7-G with a P4 2.8C.

    Thanks
    Randy

    Randy Schroder, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Hi,
    I'm using the stock HSF with my P4 2.8C on the IC7. It's fairly quiet and
    should be sufficient if you are not oc'ing. I removed the stock thermal pad
    underneath (use cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol) and put on a thin layer of
    Arctic Silver 5.

    If you plan to overclock, the Zalman CNPS7000-ALCU is a good choice. I
    think it runs at 20/25 DBA, so it's fairly quiet as well.

    Regards,
    Avinesh

    Avinesh Bangar, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Randy Schroder

    David P. Guest

    I have the same board and CPU. You are should be OK with the Intel hsf as
    long as you have good case ventilation and you aren't overclocking.
    However, if you want to see lower temps for your CPU and/or lower noise, I
    recommend the Zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu. I've been very pleased with mine on
    both counts. Some prefer the all-copper version, although it is much
    heavier and exceeds Intel's recommended weight limit.

    David P.

    David P., Nov 14, 2003
  4. Thanks, Avinesh.

    Randy Schroder, Nov 14, 2003
  5. Hmmmm. This is two recommendations for the Zalman--I'll have to check it
    out.

    Thanks
    Randy

    Randy Schroder, Nov 14, 2003
  6. Randy Schroder

    TomG Guest

    Zalman "Flower" (CNPS7000CU)

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 118,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Nov 14, 2003
  7. Randy Schroder

    John Lewis Guest

    Zalman CNPS7000 AlCu for P4, Clawhammer
    CNPS7000A AlCu for P4, Athlon462 and 62

    Very quiet. Will fit the IC7-G even with the revised IC7-G
    (higher) NB heat-sink.

    The A version is newer and is probably the way to go
    for P4 users -- there may have been a few design
    improvements - slightly longer screws ?

    The AlCu complies with Intel's weight spec. Test reports
    show it being almost identical to the Cu in cooling efficiency
    foir the P4. You may get 4 to 5 degrees of improvement
    over the Intel stock cooling and MUCH quieter.

    See :- http://www.sharkacomputers.com/
    Both cooler versions are the same price.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Nov 14, 2003
  8. Randy Schroder

    Cobblers! Guest

    Nah, this is the baby you want if you want serious cooling and quiet.

    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=10373&vpn=SLK-947U

    THERMALRIGHT SLK-947U COPPER HEATSINK mated with a 92mm Panaflow fan.

    Persoanlly I just use the stock Intel supplied one. Tests show it is a
    perfectly adequate cooler, even overclocked. But the Intel fan is a
    tad noisy so if you want quiet too then the above will do you nicely
    and cools better than the Zalman stuff. This Thermalright HSF is
    universal fiiting for both Intel and AMD.

    Cobblers!, Nov 16, 2003